Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20p SHORT OF BUYING THESE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: 20p SHORT OF BUYING THESE Reply with quote

OK - for the record - I know nothing about coins, zero, zilch, nada - oh - except how to spend them - but I do remember Charlie mentioning in another thread his fondness for them so he may be interested in the following.

I know there is some interest around a GB 20p piece that has no date on either side (quite easy to manufacture I would have thought - but thats another story).

This story is about two eBay sellers - both of whom - for different reasons must be out of their tiny little minds. Laughing

No 1: we have a seller selling this 20p curio for - wait for it - starting price 300,000 Shocked - yes you read it right and if you are lucky enough to have 400,000 tucked away (Mr Abramovich maybe) you can "Buy It Now! .. oh lucky me...

The item number on this one by the way is 330402173129 but hurry as it only has 7 days left to run and he takes PayPal so no problems. AND he has dropped the price by 33% from a previous listing .... GET IN....

but wait a minute - maybe I have found a bargain: Idea

No2: now this seller is not only selling the famous undated 20p but also an uncirculated set of the rest of the coins that form the GB set and ... cor blimey .. the whole thing for only 25,000 - yes for less than 10% of the previous seller you get the 20p's best mates as well.

Ah and this guy (item no 160401713388) takes PayPal too .... hold it .. reading further down - he doesn't take PayPal he wants a Bankers Draft.... (do I smell a rat here ... surely not!) Rolling Eyes

By the way these have both been listed (at least) twice now but still could not change the options - I noticed this response on the last listing.

One last thing and it may be purely co-incidental that two "alleged" con artists are listing similar items and both finish within 30 minutes of each other - think passport/plane tickets. Twisted Evil

Methinks the only real winner here is eBay collecting listing fees..... Very Happy

Actually looking at Seller no1s track record of completed sales he must be paying eBay' bonus payments this year... he lists and lists and lists and sells - nothing!
Thinking about it - I don't think I will even "allege" that seller number 1 is a con artist but he/she probably lives in a bungalow and is a politician in real life.
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose the lots are being held in a vault in Lagos, Nigeria, along with so many other unclaimed treasures ?
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update - 500,000 man is still trying to sell... but noticed these two completed within a few minutes of each other ...

100% genuine undated 20p coin, royal mint error
pdbarnfield ( 298) 100.0%

20p dateless/ undated coin
milkfloatenie ( 691) 99.5%

Note the difference in price and neither sold.
Both relisted the second of them at 330.
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that they think they are establishing a market price.
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about coins so whether it is worth the 300 pounds that one is selling for or 300,000 that another is selling for, but it seems a huge difference but still large amounts of money either way.

Sometimes I just wish I had shares in eBay. Listers like these must make the directors rub their hands with glee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: