Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving Home

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Moving Home Reply with quote

Many of you will have noticed that my contributions to the forum have been less than normal over the past couple of months and whilst I apologise for this there are a few reasons this will continue.

Recently one of my colleagues at work had a severe heart attack and the group I work in is very small so most of his responsibilities have fallen to me which means I don't get the same opportunities to quickly whizz into the forum during the day, do a bit of research and then (try to) answer a question.

This has coincided with a (pleasant) rise in orders from my site which is basically taking up most of my evenings and weekends to satisfy. (I am not complaining about this).

Thirdly after over a year on the market my house has sold (well subject to contract anyway), so my time now is also being taken up by my wife's demands to help her with the relocation, including finding a new place to live! As we are downsizing for hopefully our last move there is a lot of work involved basically in just "getting rid of stuff" that will not fit into our new accommodation. (We are moving from a 4/5 bedroom house to a 2/3 bedroom bungalow).
As I will still be working from home for a couple of years at least, I will also need to plan the build of an office of some sort, I won't bore you with the details, I am sure many of you understand all the requirements of moving from one place to another, but we are out of practice, after spending our earlier times moving around every few years or so, we have now been in our current house for over 20 years so much has been accumulated (not least my stamp collection).

The bottom line to this diatribe is that I am not likely to be able to contribute much more than in the recent past for the foreseeable future, although hopefully by late September everything will get back to normal and I will be able to enjoy collecting again.

I will continue to host the forum of course and as it is "in the cloud" will be unaffected by my move, so please carry on as normal and keep those interesting posts coming.
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last move was from the old house to the new one we put almost directly behind the first where we had lived for almost fifteen years, a distance of about twenty feet from the back sliding glass doors of one to the steps of the front porch of the other and I am still complaining about what a pain of the behind it was (Eleven years ago now.) then.
I have loudly proclaimed and still maintain that from here, the only move I want is to a shallow hole in the back acre. Anything beyond that will be without my knowledge or approval.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: