Machin Forum Forum Index Machin Forum
THE place to discuss the definitive stamp

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a game today - Wednesday ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Is there a game today - Wednesday ? Reply with quote

As long as you brought up Arsenal I have a question.
One of the games being shown on our cable service today is Arsenal versus Hull at 2:30 EST. (GMC -5)
Obviously since it will likely be filmed when the Sun is bright and we are about five hours behind you it is not "Live" despite the little window in the upper corner that flashes "LIVE !!!" every so often, but I wonder what time the game actually starts in the UK. Quite often they rebroadcast a game days later as if it was a current game.
And, crikey, do not mention the score till later this evening your time. I plan to watch it if the wife does not notice and the grandkids behave.
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean WIGAN v Arsenal ... that is playing tonight .. KO 19.45 (or 20.00) here. Hull are no longer in the same division so unless it is a game from last year it won't be them.
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it looks like they are showing Chelsea vs Bolton in that time slot. Does that sound right ?
I may have miss read the schedule they had on the cable. It was in the middle of the night when I read the listing that flashed on..
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Charlie - Chelsea v Bolton is correct - starts in just under 3 hours here so you can tell if it is live.

Meant to say all mid-week games are played under floodlights - only weekend games (and the occasional bank holiday game) kick off in the light although at this time of year many finish under floodlights
cdj1122
Machin Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, I shall watch it and try to figure out what the commentators are saying after they shout "GOALLLL !!!".
Gooner
Machin Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big game tomorrow night (5th Jan) if you get a chance to see it Charlie ... 19:45 KO here so approx 5 hours earlier on the East Coast.

3rd vs 2nd (Arsenal v Manchester City).

Having already beaten them on their home turf earlier in the season we are confident of a win (hopefully not misplaced confidence) Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Machin Forum Forum Index -> Life In General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: